Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Meaning of Beatlemania by J. Robb Montana

(Fictitious disclaimer :all persons portrayed in it are fictitious Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.) All rights reserved. No part of this manuscript may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means electronic, mechanical,photocopy, recording or otherwise without the written prior permission by J. Robb Montana.


As an artist, its best to describe us as a block of stone, where life shapes you, forms you and makes you what you are today. Life throws everything at us, craving us out from hard edges. Then there are times where life can smooth us out, sand us down or puts holes in the center of our life.

                                                              Here Comes the Sun

I remember it as if it was yesterday, a ten year old boy waiting to hear the Beatles for the first time on
the TV tube in 1964. Excitement was in the air, Beatlemania had already hit North America with vengeance when Ed Sullivan introduce them on his variety entertainment show. It was very hard to hear the Beatles due to the screaming crowd of teenage girls, but the one song I do remember is " I want to Hold Your Hand" and "She Loves You...ya ya ya..."

It's still itched in my mind when Ed Sullivan yelled out to the hysterical girls to,"Shut UP!"

The beginning of my  Beatles journey unconsciously started shaping my life spiritually. It's like being transformed, forming my life through hard times and good times. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." [A Tale of Two Cities (1859) is a novel by Charles Dickens]

Beatles Music like " A Hard Day's Night [United Artist (Us) Released June 26 1964] to "Yesterday" from the Album "Yesterday and Today"  1966 issued only in the United States and Canada. And not long behind was the legendary Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band release in June 1967.

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts was my first Album record I purchased. From that time on I was hooked with my next and probably the most important one in my life, Abbey Road [ released September 26 1969]. "Here comes the Sun" on Abbey Road is only one of the most powerful songs written by George Harrison.
Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

The first single from the Beatles record label Apple Records, "Hey Jude" written by Paul McCartney in August of 1968 made me take notice of the works of Paul McCartney leading me into an long journey that took a more profound effect on me when my daughter, Jenni died.

Little at the time did I know that the Beatles were going to break-up, not long after the death of their manager and friend,Brian Epstein. With the lack of managerial leadership the Apple Corporation went into a stressful chaotic time in the lives of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and George Harrison.

It was Paul McCartney that made the break-up public with the release of his Album, McCartney in 1970.That is when I made a conscience decision to become a strong fan of Paul McCartney's, running out to buy his first album.That was the first time I was introduced to his song, " The Lovely Linda" realizing that Paul was married to a very special and talented girl, Linda McCartney. The cover on the McCartney Album really took me to notice his child peaking through his leather jacket.

Ever since then I have bought and re bought Beatles music including Paul McCartney's Albums to John Lennon's,from records to eight-tracks to Cd's to iTunes tracks.

The Meaning of Beatlemania meant a complete transformation of my life-style leaving a great after taste of life as a whole. I most probably will never meet Paul McCartney or Ringo Starr but the four,( John Lennon, George Harrison, Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney) of the Beatles made a lasting impression on my life.

My artistic career in visionary arts and movie screenplays are inspired by the Beatles.

Thank you to Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr and John Lennon...

by J. Robb Montana




No comments:

Post a Comment